February 9, 2011

Love, Honor, and Betray: A Book Review


I discovered Kimberla Roby's books back in 2009, when I read The Best of Everything. At the time my interest was mostly in non-fiction, but this book was such a page turner for me, I had to go back and read her other books in the Curtis Black series. Maybe you know what I mean if you read books in a series...I had to go back and pick up those "missing pieces." So I spent the last half of 2010 catching up. (I only have the very first one to read now.) So when I found out the newest installment was coming out last month, I ran to my computer to preorder it from Amazon! Normally, I'm a wait 'til it hits the library and check it out for free kind of chick, lol.

You can read the a summary here. Once again, Ms. Roby did not disappoint! There were some moments in this book that still have me shaking my head in disbelief. The only thing that disappoints me is that I probably have to wait until next year to see what happens next for Rev. Curtis Black and his wife Charlotte...*groan* Great book!

 So what great books are you reading or have you read this winter??

2 comments:

  1. I need to refresh my memory on these stories. I started reading the books...then I stop follinging KLR for some reason. I see a visit to my library in my future. hahaha TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* Kimberla's books (I've read every single one!) and I read Love, Honor, and Betray in ONE NIGHT!! You're right- this one certainly didn't disappoint and I am on pins and needles waiting to find out what happens with the Blacks. You think Charlotte finally went too far??? I'm starting to think so, but Kimberla is always full of surprises....can't wait for the next one! :o)

    ReplyDelete