December 21, 2011

Lil Bucket of Goodies

Well Christmas is just four days away folks! I'm still shaking my head about it being so close! Have you finished your shopping yet? Me, don't ask, lol...On a more positive note, I only have a couple more work days, then I'm closing shop for a little bit!! So glad about it, I'm doing the happy dance! We had our office party and Secret Santa exchange yesterday. Most of us, including myself, asked for gift cards from our Santa. However, I had to put a crafty twist to my co-worker's gift, and I wanted to share it with you!

Pail: Target, Patterned Paper: BoBunny, Ribbon: Michaels,
Die: Scalloped Circle, Spellbinders,
Snowflake Punch: Marvy Uchida, Glitter: Inkadinkado

Have you seen these little pails in the Target dollar bins? I just purchased a couple on a whim. I've seen altered pails before, but never done one. However, when trying to figure out what to get my SS recipient, I didn't want to do the classic gift card. They are great gifts, but some folks can spot them a mile away. So I cut a 2 1/2 x12 inch strip of patterned paper and fit it inside the pail. Then I filled the it with Hershey kisses and hid the gift card inside! It was a hit with my coworkers, so I'm definitely heading back to Target in hopes of putting together a few more of these! So if you're looking for a cute and quick way to present that little something special, I hope you'll give one of these a try!
Thanks for stopping by...And That's All She Wrote!

4 comments:

  1. Love this idea!!!
    The colours you used and I love the snowflake on the top.
    I picked up a few of these when we went to the States a few months ago.....I was planning on altering them for Christmas as they are red...but didn't get to them. I guess there is always next year or Valentines day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome idea & I'll bet it was a hit!
    Sending you greetings for a prosperous, fun and blessed New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl! Happy New Years!!! Oh! I'm lov'n this idea! And you know I just love, love, love this paper. I think I'm going to have to take a trip to my local Target. Perhaps I can do something for the little people in my life for Valentine's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute pail! That is a great idea for any ocassion. Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the wonderful comments. Take care and have a lovely day, hopefully crafting. :)

    ReplyDelete