January 4, 2013

12 projects in 2012

Happy 2013 everyone!! I hope your New Years was memorable! I spent a quiet evening at home since hubby had to work, but I got to hang out with my friends Linda and Randi for a day of scrappin' and yappin! So we held our tradition down for one more year!! I've always heard that what you do on New Years is what you'll do all year long! So hopefully that means lots of crafting for us (you too) in 2013!! But I have some loose ends to tie up before closing the creative book on the past year. Last January, I really enjoyed posting my favorite projects, so I wanted to take a look back this year too.

My Favorite/Memorable Projects of 2012

  • My Year of the Dragon New Year's card posted here last year! Really liked that dragon coin   charm...and finally got to use that patterned paper! It had been in my stash FOREVER! I still have a little more, but not sure if I will make any this year. 
  • The Valentine cards for Card Cupids. (Here is the post.) These were simple cards, but I loved using more paper from the stash and they were for a great cause! 

I didn't make as many cards as I wanted to for this organization last year, but its definitely on my list 
again for 2013!

  • Another personal favorite was this Bucket List Mini. Tag pockets and page flips...Loved every minute spent putting this one together!
  • 2012 was the year for Mimi!! Yes...I named a stamp--don't judge me, lol. She was a cute image to work with. She was featured in two projects last year! First, I used this stamp/die set for the Girly Card swap over on SOC in May. Then, Mimi returned to help me promote Breast Cancer Awareness for this card in October! I just love finding different ways to use my craft stuff!!



  • Finally, I had fun playing with my favorite color for a swap in October:
                                                       
Even though I didn't share as many projects as I really wanted to here on the blog last year, 2012 was a good year! I tried a few different things for swaps and here on the blog. In the last year I...
  • took a walk on the "flip-side" with a couple of fancy fold cards: See one here
  • experimented a little more with copics and my very first digi
  • dabbled with some dominoes for a swap back in July--Altered Dominoes
  • made my first trike diaper cake
  • and even came out of "semi-retirement" with a couple of layouts in October (many of you saw them during the blog hops here so I won't link them up a second time)
I feel like I've grown more creatively, and hope to continue doing so by trying more things outside of that "comfort zone" in 2013. I like trying new things but I also attempt projects that I think will interest and inspire you as well! If you've seen something in this post or in the past that you'd like to see more of, please leave them in the comments below. I read all of your comments and take them to heart in trying to improve as a crafter and as a blogger. Thank you SO much for stopping by or subscribing in the last year and I hope that you will come back for the next chapter!
 Happy, scrappy new year!...And That's All She Wrote!

6 comments:

  1. Happy 2013! I hope your New Year is full of great health, happiness and MANY, MANY BLESSINGS! Thanks for sharing your beautiful projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Cheryl! Your projects are all wonderful...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved the friendship and breast cancer cards. I remember those posts. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I came to look at your blog after you left a comment on mine. I always try to reciporcate. I am blown away!!! Your creations are awesome!!! Yes you need a Cameo, you can print and cut all those lovely images you are currently hand cutting. Thanks for you kind words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow looks like you had a great crafty year Cheryl!

    Katya xx

    ReplyDelete