Happy 2013 everyone!! I hope your New Years was memorable! I spent a quiet evening at home since hubby had to work, but I got to hang out with my friends Linda and Randi for a day of scrappin' and yappin! So we held our tradition down for one more year!! I've always heard that what you do on New Years is what you'll do all year long! So hopefully that means lots of crafting for us (you too) in 2013!! But I have some loose ends to tie up before closing the creative book on the past year. Last January, I really enjoyed posting my favorite projects, so I wanted to take a look back this year too.
My Favorite/Memorable Projects of 2012
- My Year of the Dragon New Year's card posted here last year! Really liked that dragon coin charm...and finally got to use that patterned paper! It had been in my stash FOREVER! I still have a little more, but not sure if I will make any this year.
- The Valentine cards for Card Cupids. (Here is the post.) These were simple cards, but I loved using more paper from the stash and they were for a great cause!
I didn't make as many cards as I wanted to for this organization last year, but its definitely on my list
again for 2013!
- Another personal favorite was this Bucket List Mini. Tag pockets and page flips...Loved every minute spent putting this one together!
- 2012 was the year for Mimi!! Yes...I named a stamp--don't judge me, lol. She was a cute image to work with. She was featured in two projects last year! First, I used this stamp/die set for the Girly Card swap over on SOC in May. Then, Mimi returned to help me promote Breast Cancer Awareness for this card in October! I just love finding different ways to use my craft stuff!!
- Finally, I had fun playing with my favorite color for a swap in October:
Even though I didn't share as many projects as I really wanted to here on the blog last year, 2012 was a good year! I tried a few different things for swaps and here on the blog. In the last year I...
- took a walk on the "flip-side" with a couple of fancy fold cards: See one here
- experimented a little more with copics and my very first digi
- dabbled with some dominoes for a swap back in July--Altered Dominoes
- made my first trike diaper cake
- and even came out of "semi-retirement" with a couple of layouts in October (many of you saw them during the blog hops here so I won't link them up a second time)
Happy, scrappy new year!...And That's All She Wrote!